Bostock: Piercing Problems
April 3, 2010
To the editor:
As the years go on, body piercing has become the new style, the new "in." Our spouses and children have facial piercings such as nose, lips, eyebrows and ears. Both men and women.
It is a trend that is and will continue to become more popular.
Since when did these piercings hinder our hands, ability to work, ethics and/or the safety of ourselves or others?
A member of our community with such piercings walked into one of our local construction companies for employment and was told, "Not with those ears."
People of our community should be given the chance to prove their work skills. They should not be denied work because they don't look the way others think they should.
We have many community members without jobs and who are struggling to support their families due to the economy.
Many are being denied jobs for the way they look.
We, as a community, need to stand up and not allow denial of jobs for the way people look.
This is discrimination, no matter how you try to justify it. Allow our fellow community members the chance to provide for their families.
We are hard-working individuals and would be assets to your companies, but you will never find that out without allowing us the chance.
A voice for the different.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: news/bostock-piercing-problems/
- Naked man bathing in river: On the record for July 21 to 23 and Jail report for July 6-10
- Hayden pastor seriously injured in car accident near Craig
- Ex-wife destroys man’s TV: On the record for July 24
- Update: Fire near U.S. 40 west of Maybell suppressed
- Male punched for setting off fireworks: On the record for July 25, 26, jail report for July 11 to 16